These delicious Portuguese chicken dreams (sonhos de frango) make great appetizers.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder1 teaspoon of curry powder3 large eggs1/2 cup of water1/2 lb of shredded chickenChopped fresh coriander (to taste)Chopped chives (to taste)Salt (to taste)Ground pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste) to fry (enough to cover the bottom of the frying pan) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl add the flour, baking powder, curry, eggs and water, and mix well.
- Add the chicken, coriander and chives, season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Heat a large frying pan with olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and when it is hot, use two tablespoons to shape the dough into a ball and add to the hot pan.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper after frying.
- Serve warm or cold.
You might also like:
How to make Portuguese malasada bites, malasadas are delectable and fluffy deep-fried pastries that hold a cherished place in Portuguese culinary culture.
Portuguese cuisine is diverse and has been influenced by various cultures throughout history, including Roman, Moorish, and Mediterranean cuisine.
In this video, Camy Arriola teaches you how to cut onions without crying. This easy way to cut an onion will not make you cry because you aren't severing the root. Make sure to always cut onions this way to make...