Apple Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesTue, Jul 3, 2018
4 out of 5 with 27 ratings
- Grease a cake form with butter and sprinkle it with sugar.
- Peel, cut the apples into thin slices, drizzle with lemon juice to keep them from changing color and place a layer of apple slices on the bottom of the form.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a fluffy cream, then add the melted butter and milk and continue to beat.
- Add the sifted flour with the baking powder and stir with a spoon.
- Beat the egg whites until firm, add to the batter and stir well.
- Put a layer of the batter over the apples in the form.
- Then add another layer of apple slices and top it with the remainding batter.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 40 minutes or until cooked, but test the toothpick.
- Remove it from the oven, let it cool a bit, gently slide a knife around the form and unmold the cake.