Portuguese Baked Eggs with Ham & Chouriço Recipe
- Heat a little olive oil in a large, deep skillet and saute the potatoes until they are golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add to the skillet the pepper, onion, 2 slices of ham cut into small pieces, half of the chouriço cut into pieces and cook until the onion is brown.
- Add some chopped asparagus, leaving 4 longer pieces for later use, add the peas, green beans, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Season with salt and pepper, add a little water and throw the potatoes back into the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grease a pirex dish with butter and transfer all the vegetables with the broth to it.
- Crack the eggs over the vegetables, place the 4 pieces of asparagus over them, the rest of the ham cut in pieces and the rest of the chouriço.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley (fresh or dried) and bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
You Might Also Like These