Portuguese Style Spaghetti with Shrimp & Clams Recipe
Posted in: Pasta & Pizza
Jul 18, 2018
3 out of 5 with 6 ratings
1/2 lb of spaghetti3/4 lb of peeled shrimp2 lbs of fresh clams1/2 lb of cherry tomatoes1/2 of a coriander bunch4 cloves of garlic1/4 cup of olive oil1 chilli pepperSalt (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a large pot pour about 4 and 1/4 cups of water and add salt (to taste) when it boils.
- Add the spaghetti and stir until it's cooked (about 10 minutes), so it doesn't stick together.
- Once is cooked, strain it and ut it aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan, pour in half of the olive oil and 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- When the garlic begins to brown, add the previously washed and drained clams.
- Add half of the chopped coriander and the cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Let the clams cook until they open (no more than 5 minutes).
- Once they are open, add the mixture from the frying pan to the spaghetti and stir it in.
- In the same frying pan, pour the remaining olive oil, add remaining garlic and as soon as the oil is hot, add the shrimp.
- Season with salt and the chopped chilli pepper and fry the shrimp for about 2 minutes (don't over cook them).
- Add this to the spaghetti and stir everything.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the chopped coriander and serve immediately.