This amazing and colorful summer cake (bolo de verão) also tastes incredible.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:6 eggs1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of potato starchJuice of 1 lemon1 teaspoon of baking powderFilling:3/4 cup of Greek yogurt1/2 pineappleTopping:1/2 cup of heavy cream1 tablespoon of sugar1 tablespoon of lemon juiceAssorted fruits (strawberries, pineapple, cherries etc) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Line the bottom of a rectangular cake form with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a light and bulky egg yolk.
- Mix the baking powder with the potato starch, add to the egg yolk and beat a little more.
- Add the lemon juice and incorporate well in the dough.
- Beat the egg whites until firm and fold them into the dough with a spetula.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool and unmold.
- Cut the cake into two identical slices so you have a bottom piece and top piece.
- Beat the cream with the sugar and the lemon juice until it forms peaks.
- Add a layer of yogurt and pineapple cut into small pieces on top of the bottom piece.
- Place the top piece of the cake on top and spread the cream mixture on top and around the cake.
- Decorate with the fruits of choice.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Bolinhos de bacalhau, name in Northern Portugal and Brazil or pastéis de bacalhau, name in Central and Southern Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon area.
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.
Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.