Portuguese Summer Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Jul 18, 2018
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
Cake:6 eggs1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of potato starchJuice of 1 lemon1 teaspoon of baking powderFilling:3/4 cup of Greek yogurt1/2 pineappleTopping:1/2 cup of heavy cream1 tablespoon of sugar1 tablespoon of lemon juiceAssorted fruits (strawberries, pineapple, cherries etc)
- Line the bottom of a rectangular cake form with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a light and bulky egg yolk.
- Mix the baking powder with the potato starch, add to the egg yolk and beat a little more.
- Add the lemon juice and incorporate well in the dough.
- Beat the egg whites until firm and fold them into the dough with a spetula.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool and unmold.
- Cut the cake into two identical slices so you have a bottom piece and top piece.
- Beat the cream with the sugar and the lemon juice.
- Add a layer of yogurt and pineapple cut into small pieces on top of the bottom piece.
- Place the top piece of the cake on top and spread the cream mixture on top and around the cake.
- Decorate with the fruits of choice.