Portuguese Chicken & Chickpea Salad Recipe
Posted in: Salads
Jul 22, 2018
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 lb of roasted chicken1 lb of cooked chickpeas4 eggs, hard boiled½ cucumber, cut into cubes1/4 lb of cherry tomatoes, cut in half or in quarters¼ of a red pepper, cut into cubes½ chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, mincedChopped coriander (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)2 tablespoons of white vinegarSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Boil eggs and let them cool in some cold water.
- Remove bones and skin from the chicken, shred the meat and place in a salad bowl.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Add the garlic, the onion, the red pepper, the cucumber, some coriander (to taste) and the chickpeas to the chicken in the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, olive oil (to taste), vinegar and mix well.
- Now add the tomato and mix a little more.
- Lastly, add the eggs.
- Store in the refrigerator until the salad is fresh, enjoy.