This amazing Portuguese chicken and chickpea salad recipe (receita de salada de Frango com grão) is very easy to prepare if you have everything ready.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Ready In||20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
1 lb of roasted chicken1 lb of cooked chickpeas4 eggs, hard boiled½ cucumber, cut into cubes1/4 lb of cherry tomatoes, cut in half or in quarters¼ of a red pepper, cut into cubes½ chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, mincedChopped coriander (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)2 tablespoons of white vinegarSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Boil eggs and let them cool in some cold water.
- Remove bones and skin from the chicken, shred the meat and place in a salad bowl.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Add the garlic, the onion, the red pepper, the cucumber, some coriander (to taste) and the chickpeas to the chicken in the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, olive oil (to taste), vinegar and mix well.
- Now add the tomato and mix a little more.
- Lastly, add the eggs.
- Store in the refrigerator until the salad is fresh, enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Do you know what the popular cozido à portuguesa (boiled meal) is and what it contains?
Every year in July the city of Águeda bursts with colour and cheerfulness.
The 20 best Portuguese foods to try while visiting Portugal.