Cheese Ham & Olive Patties Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesMon, Jul 23, 2018
4 out of 5 with 15 ratings
- Heat a pan with the water, margarine and some salt (to taste).
- When it boils, add the flour, stir with a wooden spoon and cook for about 3 minutes stirring constantly until you can form it into a ball.
- Remove and put the dough on a kitchen board, let it cool slightly and knead very well, until the dough has good texture.
- Let it cool completely (kneading occasionally so that it does not crust on cooling).
- Extend the dough as thin as possible with the help of a kitchen roll (do not spread the dough on a surface with flour as this makes the dough thick and dry), if you have any difficulty in extending it, lightly grease the worktop with a little oil.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes, chop the ham and the olives with a knife.
- Spread the dough, put a generous serving of cheese, ham and olives and fold the dough to cover the stuffing well.
- Cut the patties with a pasta cutter or anything of choice.
- Brush the patties with the beaten egg and crumble breadcrumbs on them.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Serve hot or cold.
Comments(Leave a comment if you have tried this recipe or have a question.)
Meg - Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 2 Weeks ago
Tried the recipe. I really liked working with the dough: soft and pliable and easy to bring the scraps back together. I found that I had way too much filling for the amount of dough. I easily had 2x what I needed. Very tasty and will try freezing the leftovers.