Portuguese Fennel Soup Recipe
- In a large pot, cover the fennel, onion, and garlic with water and cook on medium high heat until the fennel is tender.
- After the first half-hour, taste the fennel leaves (the fennel greens should not be tough when you chew them, if they are, cook it a little longer.
- Depending on the amount of time it took to cook the fennel you may or may not want to add more water to the pot, it just depends on whether you want a thick heartier version or a lighter broth-like version.
- After the fennel has cooked, reduce it to a simmer and add the tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and one chopped tomato.
- Also, add salt to taste, add the chopped carrots next and cook until they are tender.
- Once the carrots are cooked, add the cubed potatoesand cook until they are tender.
- Lastly, add the can of drained dark kidney beans and let them heat for just a few minutes.
You Might Also Like These