This Portuguese lemon and coconut cake recipe (receita de bolo de limão e coco) is simple to make and very tasty.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
Cake:6 eggs1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of corn starch1 tablespoon of flour1 teaspoon of baking powderLemon juice (to taste)Topping:3 yolks3/4 cup of sugar 2 tablespoons of corn starch2/3 cup of vanilla sugar1/2 liter of milkGrated coconut (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks.
- Mix in the sugar and the flour, add the egg yolks, the baking powder, the corn starch and the lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into a cake form greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- Mix the milk with the corn starch, add the sugar and stir well.
- When the cream is thick, add the yolks and vanilla sugar and stir some more.
- After the cake is cooled, cut in half (2 layers) and stuff with the cream.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream and sprinkle with grated coconut.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This is a list of the 10 most popular Portuguese stews on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Porto, like the rest of Portugal, is a seafood paradise. No matter the season, there’s always a good reason to head out in search of delectable shellfish or perfectly grilled finfish (sardines, anyone?), and if you...
If you're going to São Miguel Island, this guide to 7 Days in São Miguel, Azores is for you.
How they make canned sardines in Portugal. Canned sardines are a delicacy in Portugal. The country has a long fish-canning tradition, to the point that the sardine has become a national icon.
Portugal is easily one of Europe’s most visited countries, thanks in large part to its affordability, ideal holiday weather, and its incomparable attractions.
Portugal is an important tourist destination in Europe and the world. Visiting this beautiful country is to discover a remarkably diverse destination. Let's take a look at the best 10 places to visit in Portugal.