Portuguese Lemon & Coconut Cake Recipe
- Beat the egg whites until firm.
- Mix in the sugar and the flour, add the egg yolks, the baking powder, the corn starch and the lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into a cake form greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- Mix the milk with the corn starch, add the sugar and stir well.
- When the cream is thick, add the yolks and vanilla sugar and stir some more.
- After the cake is cooled, cut in half (2 layers) and stuff with the cream.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream and sprinkle with grated coconut.
You Might Also Like These