Portuguese Lemon & Coconut Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesFri, Aug 3, 2018
4 out of 5 with 12 ratings
Views: 25113 - Comments 0
Cake:6 eggs1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of corn starch1 tablespoon of flour1 teaspoon of baking powderLemon juice (to taste)Topping:3 yolks3/4 cup of sugar 2 tablespoons of corn starch2/3 cup of vanilla sugar1/2 liter of milkGrated coconut (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks.
- Mix in the sugar and the flour, add the egg yolks, the baking powder, the corn starch and the lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into a cake form greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- Mix the milk with the corn starch, add the sugar and stir well.
- When the cream is thick, add the yolks and vanilla sugar and stir some more.
- After the cake is cooled, cut in half (2 layers) and stuff with the cream.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream and sprinkle with grated coconut.
Recipe & Photo Credit: mize-culinaria.blogspot.com *