Portuguese Orange & Butter Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesMon, Aug 6, 2018
4 out of 5 with 38 ratings
Cake:1 and 1/4 cups of sugar2 cups of flour1/2 cup of softened butter1/2 cup of oil8 medium eggs2 teaspoons of baking powderZest from 1 orangeJuice from 2 medium orangesIcing/Filling:1/2 cup of softened butter2/3 cup of cream cheese1 and 1/2 cups of powdered sugar1 tablespoon of orange zest * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and grease and cover a cake form with parchment paper.
- Beat the oil with the softened butter and the sugar until it is creamy.
- Add the yolks and beat until smooth, than add the orange zest.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the previous preparation, alternating with the orange juice while mixing.
- Beat the egg whites and gently add it to the previous mixture.
- Add the batter to the cake form and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Filling / Topping:
- Mix the softened butter with the cream cheese in a bowl and gradually add the powdered sugar, beating very well.
- Add the orange zest and whip until creamy.
- If the cake is cool, cut it in two layers, add the icing on top of the first layer, add the other layer on top and cover it with the icing.
- Garnish with orange zest and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!