Portuguese Orange & Butter Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and grease and cover a cake form with parchment paper.
- Beat the oil with the softened butter and the sugar until it is creamy.
- Add the yolks and beat until smooth, than add the orange zest.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the previous preparation, alternating with the orange juice while mixing.
- Beat the egg whites and gently add it to the previous mixture.
- Add the batter to the cake form and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Filling / Topping:
- Mix the softened butter with the cream cheese in a bowl and gradually add the powdered sugar, beating very well.
- Add the orange zest and whip until creamy.
- If the cake is cool, cut it in two layers, add the icing on top of the first layer, add the other layer on top and cover it with the icing.
- Garnish with orange zest and serve.
You Might Also Like These