- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and grease and cover a cake form with parchment paper.
- Beat the oil with the softened butter and the sugar until it is creamy.
- Add the yolks and beat until smooth, than add the orange zest.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the previous preparation, alternating with the orange juice while mixing.
- Beat the egg whites and gently add it to the previous mixture.
- Add the batter to the cake form and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Filling / Topping:
- Mix the softened butter with the cream cheese in a bowl and gradually add the powdered sugar, beating very well.
- Add the orange zest and whip until creamy.
- If the cake is cool, cut it in two layers, add the icing on top of the first layer, add the other layer on top and cover it with the icing.
- Garnish with orange zest and serve.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
This delicious Portuguese mother in law's orange cake (bolo de laranja da sogra) is very easy to make and great to share with your loved ones.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
If you like fruit, you will love this Portuguese fruit cake recipe (receita de bolo de fruta) and it's very easy to make.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|