This Portuguese piri piri chicken gizzards with martini makes a great appetizer or a meal, serve with a lettuce and tomato salad and fries on the side.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 45 min|
|Ready In||2 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of chicken gizzards1 medium onion2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 cup of martiniPiri piri sauce (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste)Water (to taste)Garlic powder (to taste)Bay leaves (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash and clean the gizzards, cut them into small pieces and scald them in a saucepan with salt and water.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped onion and a little olive oil in a pan, then add the tomato paste and the martini.
- Once you've scalded the gizzards, drain them and it to pan with the martini sauce.
- Season with piri piri sauce, garlic powder, bay leaves and add a little water to cover.
- Season with salt and cook for a bit (check the water and add more if necessary). It should take one to one and a half hours to cook.
- Keep rectifying the water if you want the sauce to be thick or have more liquid.
1 year ago, Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Don’t think you are talking about the classic gin martini… but the Martini brand of vermouth.
1 year ago, Wednesday, February 2, 2022
You might also like:
How to make a tosta mista sandwich, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian sandwich that consists of ham and cheese toasted between two slices of bread.
The best seafood restaurant in Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal is Mercado do Peixe, it is located at Av. Infante D. Henrique, nº 15, Ponta Delgada.
Pasta is a popular dish made from unleavened dough of wheat flour, water, and sometimes eggs.