Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken Gizzards Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesThu, Aug 9, 2018
4 out of 5 with 17 ratings
Views: 42424 - Comments 10
2 lbs of chicken gizzards1 medium onion2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 cup of martiniPiri piri sauce (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste)Water (to taste)Garlic powder (to taste)Bay leaves (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash and clean the gizzards, cut them into small pieces and scald them in a saucepan with salt and water.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped onion and a little olive oil in a pan, then add the tomato paste and the martini.
- Once you've scalded the gizzards, drain them and it to pan with the martini sauce.
- Season with piri piri sauce, garlic powder, bay leaves and add a little water to cover.
- Season with salt and cook for a bit (check the water and add more if necessary). It should take one to one and a half hours to cook.
- Keep rectifying the water if you want the sauce to be thick or have more liquid.
Recipe & Photo Credit: chocolatemorno.blogspot.com
Marlene - 7 Months ago
What is martini?
[reply] (+0) (-0)
Similar to this in the picture Marlene.
7 Months ago (+0) (-0)
Susan - 1 Year ago
What is "one cup of martini"? Is this a cocktail (traditionally made with gin & vermouth)...if so, specifically what kind of martini? Or is it something else entirely?
Any Martini from the store will do😉 Try not to complicate your life, Suzee😁
1 Year ago