Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken Gizzards Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Aug 9, 2018
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
2 lbs of chicken gizzards1 medium onion2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 cup of martiniPiri piri sauce (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste)Water (to taste)Garlic powder (to taste)Bay leaves (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Wash and clean the gizzards, cut them into small pieces and scald them in a saucepan with salt and water.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped onion and a little olive oil in a pan, then add the tomato paste and the martini.
- Once you've scalded the gizzards, drain them and it to pan with the martini sauce.
- Season with piri piri sauce, garlic powder, bay leaves and add a little water to cover.
- Season with salt and cook for a bit (check the water and add more if necessary). It should take one to one and a half hours to cook.
- Keep rectifying the water if you want the sauce to be thick or have more liquid.