Portuguese Francesinha Sandwich Recipe
Posted in: Sandwiches / Wraps
Nov 4, 2015
4 out of 5 with 27 ratings
2 slices of white bread2 slices of smoked ham4 slices of cheese1 grilled chouriço sausage1 fried or roasted slice of beefBoth the sausage and the beef should be cooked or reheated before assembling the sandwichSauce:1 beer1 cube of chicken stock1 tbsp of butter2 tbsp of tomato paste1/4 cup of brandy or Port1/4 cup of milk1 tbsp of cornstarchPepper flakes (to taste)Salt (if needed)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Dissolve cornstarch into the milk and add all the ingredients. Blend the liquid mix on a food processor.
- Put it into a pan over low heat and add the bay leaves . Stir it until it starts to boil. It's ready - reserve.
- Assemble the sandwich and save 2 slices of cheese.
- Put the sandwich on a plate and place the 2 slices of cheese on top.
- Pour the sauce over the sandwich (should be hot, so the cheese melts).