Portuguese Caramel & Walnut Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Aug 13, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Cake:1 cup of butter1 and 1/3 cups of sugar4 eggs1 egg yolk2 and 1/4 cups of flour2 tablespoons of liquid caramelButter, for greasing the cake panFlour, for sprinklingTopping:1 can of condensed milk2 tablespoons of liquid caramel1 teaspoon of oilWalnuts, to garnish (to taste)Get these ingredients now
- Grease a cake pan and sprinkle it with flour.
- Beat the butter with the sugar, until it is very smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, the egg yolk, and beat well between each addition.
- Add the flour and finally the caramel and beat some more.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 45 minutes.
- Let it cool, unmold and place it on a serving dish.
- In a pan over low heat, heat the condensed milk with the caramel and the oil and stir with a wire whisk, and then continue to stir with a wooden spoon, when the mixture leaves tracks from the wooden spoon, remove it from the heat and pour it over the cake.
- Let it cool and garnish/decorate with the walnut pieces.