Portuguese Love Apples Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Aug 19, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
6 apples2 cups of sugar1 tablespoon of vinegar6 tablespoons of water1 tablespoon of red food coloring6 barbecue wooden sticks Get Portuguese ingredients & more This site uses US measurements.
- Wash and dry the apples very well.
- Put a wooden stick half way through each of them.
- In a pan, add the sugar, water, vinegar, red food coloring and stir for a few seconds.
- Then over medium heat without stirring, let the sugar melt until the consistency of caramel (thick).
- Turn off the stove and dunk each of the apples in it, make sure the apples are all covered with the sugar mixture.
- Place them on a plate greased with butter so they don't stick and let them cool.