- Cut the cleaned tripe into small pieces and simmer in a saucepan with salted water on low heat until tender, about 2:30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Bring the beans to a boil with some water in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and allow them to stand in the hot water for one hour.
- In a separate saucepan, simmer the chopped chourico and bacon in a little water on medium to low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add the sliced carrots and one sliced onion.
- Simmer until they are tender, drain and keep the broth.
- Fry the remaining chopped onions in the butter and when well browned add the meats, beans, vegetables, finely chopped parsley, black pepper and salt (to taste), bay leaf, the cumin and one pint of broth.
- Cook for another hour adding a little more broth if necessary.
- Once done, serve with boiled rice.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
This delicious Portuguese watercress soup recipe (receita de sopa de agrioes) was sent in by Liz Alves Santos.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
For this Portuguese cozido soup (sopa do cozido), just use whats left over from the cozido, sometimes there's left over meat, vegetables and chouriço, use it all.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
How to make Portuguese shrimp soup.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|