This Portuguese bacon and olive bread (pão de bacon com azeitonas) is easy to make and delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 lb of bacon1 and 1/4 cups of flour1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese3 eggs1/2 cup of green olives stuffed with red pepper1 onion1/2 cup of milk1/2 cup of olive oil1 teaspoon of baking powderSalt and pepper (to taste)Butter, to grease the form Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease a regtangular bread form.
- Cut the onion in half moons and place in a frying pan with a spoon of olive oil, and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the bacon in chunks and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and let it cool.
- Add the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix.
- Add the eggs, olive oil and milk, season with salt and pepper and beat well.
- Then add the bacon mixture with the onion, the grated cheese, the olives and mix everything gently.
- Place the batter in the form and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to make sure it's baked.
- Remove and serve warm or cold.
You might also like:
Highlights of some of the major touristic locations near Fatima which is composed of unforgettable experiences: the history of the Monastery of Batalha, be fascinated by the breathtaking views of Nazaré and enjoy...
Stocking up? You don't have to forgo all the fresh food! Here are nine produce items you can buy and store for several weeks, plus some pantry-friendly ways to use them.
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make Azorean fresh cheese (queijo fresco).