Portuguese Bacon & Olive Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Aug 26, 2018
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
1/2 lb of bacon1 and 1/4 cups of flour2/4 cup of grated mozzarella cheese3 eggs1/2 cup of green olives stuffed with red pepper1 onion1/2 cup of milk1/2 cup of olive oil1 teaspoon of baking powderSalt and pepper (to taste)Butter, to grease the form
- Preheat the oven to the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease a regtangular bread form.
- Cut the onion in half moons and place in a frying pan with a spoon of olive oil, and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the bacon in chunks and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and let it cool.
- Add the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix.
- Add the eggs, olive oil and milk, season with salt and pepper and beat well.
- Then add the bacon mixture with the onion, the grated cheese, the olives and mix everything gently.
- Place the batter in the form and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to make sure it's baked.
- Remove and serve warm or cold.
You Might Also Like These