Portuguese Cod & Kale Stuffed Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Aug 28, 2018
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
2 cod fillets1 large onion, thinly sliced1 garlic clove, thinly sliced1/4 red pepper, in small pieces2 tablespoons of olive oil1 lb round bread 1/2 lb of kale, without the stalks2 teaspoons of sweet pepper2 teaspoons of corianderSalt (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Soak up the cod the day before.
- Cook the cod slices in water, remove from the heat and keep the water.
- Clean the cod of bones and skins and shred it to pieces using your hands.
- Wash the kale, cut it into pieces and bring it to a boil in the water you cooked the cod in, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the kale and keep the cooking water.
- Open a lid on the top of the bread and scoop it out the crumb (keep the crumb aside).
- Add a little of the hot cooking water from cooking the cod and kale to the inside of the bread, just to slightly soften it.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and onion and let it cook on low heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the pepper, coriander, sweet pepper, cod and kale, mixing everything for a few minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and mix well.
- Sir and add a little cooking water from the cod and kale until you have a good consistency.
- Fill the bread with the crumb mix, place the lid on top and bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC or 400ºF for about 10 minutes.