Portuguese Shrimp & Potato Gratin Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Aug 30, 2018
4 out of 5 with 127 ratings
1 lb of shrimp4 potatoes1 tablespoon of mustardParsley (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Lemon juice (to taste)Bechamel sauce:1 cup of milk1 and 1/2 tablespoons of butter1 and 1/2 tablespoons of flourSalt (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Peel the shrimp , clean them and season with salt, pepper lemon juice and put aside.
- Cook the potatoes with the peel in salted water, then peel them and allow them to cool and cut them in slices and set aside.
- Prepare the béchamel the usual way; melt the butter, add the flour, season with a little salt, then add the hot milk, stirring until creamy.
- Grease a baking dish and alternate the potato slices with the shrimp overlapping them lightly, brush with mustard and drizzle with the béchamel sauce, bake in a preheated oven at 180C or 350F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!