We regularly enjoyed this Portuguese omelette along with seasoned boiled potatoes.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
10 large eggs, beaten6 -8 stalks green onions, finely chopped1 tablespoon red pepper paste or 1 tablespoon hot sauce1 -2 tablespoon olive oilsalt & pepper, to taste Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large non-stick frying pan, add olive oil and heat to medium high.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, salt and pepper and beat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the green onions and pepper paste to the eggs and stir until combined.
- Once the pan is hot, add the egg mixture and cook on medium heat until almost set and bottom has some colour. I like to run the spatula under the omelet as it cooks to prevent sticking.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate.
- Hold the pan over the plate then flip them both so that the uncooked side of the omelet is now on the bottom.
- Cook for several minutes.
- Serve with unpeeled potatoes boiled with garlic cloves, salt and hot pepper flakes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Azores - an extremely green and isolated place, with a unique climate and ecstatic scenery. In this episode we will travel to San Miguel, Faial, Flores Islands and see what the largest endemic collection of plants...
How to make a bolo rei, also known as the Portuguese king cake, a traditional holiday pastry enjoyed in Portugal during the Christmas season and on Epiphany (Dia de Reis) which is celebrated on January 6th.
Everyone is aware of the health benefits of fresh fruit juices, but no one has the time to prepare fresh fruit juices on a daily basis. As a result, people prefer to prepare large quantities of fresh fruit juices at...
This list of the top 5 most popular seafood recipes is put together using the amount of views on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
With Portuguese haute cuisine, the world's gourmet dining experience has become significantly more diverse, and it would take an entire cookbook to list and describe all of the dishes available.
This dish is a favorite, served in many Portuguese restaurants.