Gorete's Portuguese Omelette Recipe
Posted in: Breakfast RecipesFri, Oct 2, 2015
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
- In a large non-stick frying pan, add olive oil and heat to medium high.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, salt and pepper and beat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the green onions and pepper paste to the eggs and stir until combined.
- Once the pan is hot, add the egg mixture and cook on medium heat until almost set and bottom has some colour. I like to run the spatula under the omelet as it cooks to prevent sticking.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate.
- Hold the pan over the plate then flip them both so that the uncooked side of the omelet is now on the bottom.
- Cook for several minutes.
- Serve with unpeeled potatoes boiled with garlic cloves, salt and hot pepper flakes.