Portuguese Natas do Céu Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesSat, Sep 1, 2018
5 out of 5 with 81 ratings
- Roll out the cookies into fine crumbs and set aside.
- For the egg sweet topping:
- In a small sauce pan, pour in 2 tablespoons of water and 1/4 cup of the sugar and stir.
- Heat the sugar until it forms into a light threadlike syrup but do not boil or allow it to become golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yolks with a teaspoon of the milk.
- Gradually, while still whisking, drizzle in the sugar syrup, incorporating it thoroughly into the yolks and set aside.
- For the white mousse:
- Beat the cream with 1/4 cup of sugar until it peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites, until foamy and continue to beat on high speed while gradually incorporating 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the cream until the egg whites are thoroughly incorporated.
- To assemble:
- In alternate layers starting on the bottom of glass bowl or individual serving cups, add the cookie crumbs, pour a layer of cream followed by a layer of cookies until there's no more left, topping it all with the sweetened egg yolks.
Comments(Leave a comment.)
There are no comments for this recipe. (Be the first one to leave a comment.)