This Portuguese rice and beans with linguiça recipe (receita de arroz e feijão com linguiça) is very easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
1/2 cup of butter1 large onion, chopped1 green bell pepper, chopped1 red bell pepper, chopped1 pound of linguica sausage, cut into cubes1 teaspoon of ground black pepper1 teaspoon of dried basil1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano1 (15.5 ounce) can of prepared shelled beans2 and 1/2 cups of water2 cups of uncooked white rice Get Portuguese ingredients
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add THE onion, green and red bell peppers, sausage, black pepper, basil, and oregano and saute until everything is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and rice and stir.
- Place a cover on the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the rice is tender and the moisture is completely absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, chef Rick who was a guest on Spokane Public Library, shows you how to make a delicious Portuguese bean soup.
Here is a list of the top 10 highest rated beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.