Portuguese Rice & Beans Recipe
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add THE onion, green and red bell peppers, sausage, black pepper, basil, and oregano and saute until everything is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and rice and stir.
- Place a cover on the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the rice is tender and the moisture is completely absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
You Might Also Like These