Portuguese Rice & Beans Recipe
Posted in: Soup RecipesThu, Sep 6, 2018
5 out of 5 with 6 ratings
1/2 cup of butter1 large onion, chopped1 green bell pepper, chopped1 red bell pepper, chopped1 pound of linguica sausage, cut into cubes1 teaspoon of ground black pepper1 teaspoon of dried basil1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano1 (15.5 ounce) can of prepared shelled beans2 and 1/2 cups of water2 cups of uncooked white rice * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add THE onion, green and red bell peppers, sausage, black pepper, basil, and oregano and saute until everything is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and rice and stir.
- Place a cover on the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the rice is tender and the moisture is completely absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!