Portuguese Rice & Beans Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Sep 6, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1/2 cup of butter1 large onion, chopped1 green bell pepper, chopped1 red bell pepper, chopped1 pound of linguica sausage, cut into cubes1 teaspoon of ground black pepper1 teaspoon of dried basil1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano1 (15.5 ounce) can of prepared shelled beans2 and 1/2 cups of water2 cups of uncooked white rice
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add THE onion, green and red bell peppers, sausage, black pepper, basil, and oregano and saute until everything is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and rice and stir.
- Place a cover on the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the rice is tender and the moisture is completely absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
You Might Also Like These