This Portuguese style pasta with tuna and cream recipe (receita de massa com atum) makes an affordable, practical and delicious meal.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 lb of spiral pasta7 ounces of canned tuna in olive oil1 small chopped onion1 clove garlic, minced7 ounces of chopped mushrooms3.5 ounces of spinach leaves2 teaspoons of olive oil2 tablespoons of tomato paste3/4 cup of heavy creamDried oregano (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a saucepan with boiling water, add salt and a little olive oil.
- Add the pasta and stir.
- Let it cook according to the time indicated on the package.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain it.
- In a wok or frying pan, place the remaining olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Stir and cook.
- When sauteed, add the spinach.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tuna and the tomato paste.
- Stir well and cook on high heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the pasta and mix very well.
- When it's hot, add the cream.
- Mix everything very well and when it begins to bubble, turn off the heat immediately.
- Sprinkle with the oregano and serve.
You might also like:
On this video, popular cook Maria Lawton - The Azorean Greenbean shows you how to make biscoitos de nata (biscuits with cream).
How to cook Portuguese mussels, this dish is very delicious and so easy to make !
The Flames Castle Steakhouse & Seafood, 2120 Dundas St E, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.