Azorean Stewed Beef Casserole Recipe
Posted in: Beef RecipesSat, Sep 15, 2018
4 out of 5 with 27 ratings
1 kg of rump steak1 onion1 bay leaf4 cloves of garlic1 glass of white wine1 tablespoon of tomato paste1 tablespoon of vinegarChopped carrots (to taste), optionalSalt and pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Combine the salt, pepper, crushed garlic, vinegar, wine and bay leaf.
- In a bowl, add the mixture to the meat, make sure it's all over it, place some plastic wrap over the bowl and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, in a saucepan, brown the meat in the olive oil.
- Add the marinade, tomato paste, onion and carrots.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 2 hours or until tender.
- Turn the meat several times whilst cooking and add more wine if necessary.
- Serve sliced, with the sauce from the pan.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!