This amazing Portuguese roasted chicken with potatoes recipe (receita de frango assado com batatas) makes a delicious meal for two people.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
4 chicken legs with tighs2 medium potatoes1 medium onion4 cloves of garlicHalf a teaspoon of dried aromatic herbs (rosemary, lemon thyme and others)½ cup of white wine1 cup of chicken broth (you can use the broth from cooking the chicken)1 tablespoon of lemon juice1 bunch of parsleySalt and pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, place some olive oil and fry the chicken.
- When golden on all sides, remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, place the onion cut into julienne and let it brown slightly.
- Place the onion and chicken on a casserole dish.
- In a mortar, crush the garlic with the parsley, place in a bowl and add the broth, the white wine, the dried herbs, the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the chicken with this sauce and place it in a preheated oven at 190ºC or 370ºF for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the potatoes into slices, fry in plenty of oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Just before the chicken is roasted, add the potatoes.
TIP: Drizzle the chicken with the sauce several times using a spoon, while it bakes and flip it).
I’ll make this but use chicken breasts instead
5 months ago, Saturday, July 1, 2023
It looks delicious I am going to try making it.
5 months ago, Thursday, June 15, 2023
You might also like:
The origins of coffee can be traced back to a region in Eastern Africa known as Ethiopia. A goat herder by the name of Kaldi is the subject of a well-known folk tale. After one of his goats ate berries, he noticed...
Christmas is more than just Santa Claus, bright lights and presents. For Christians, the season, marked by the start of Advent, begins a period that culminates with the birth of Jesus.
The best natural hot springs to visit in the Atlantic ocean are in São Miguel, Azores, Portugal.
Aprenda a fazer esta receita de feijoada à Portuguesa.
Cooking a can of condensed milk is a simple process that can be done in a few different ways. Here are three methods.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).