Portuguese Roasted Chicken with Potatoes Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Sep 17, 2018
4 out of 5 with 7 ratings
4 chicken legs with tighs2 medium potatoes1 medium onion4 cloves of garlicHalf a teaspoon of dried aromatic herbs (rosemary, lemon thyme and others)½ cup of white wine1 glass of chicken broth (you can use the broth from cooking the chicken)1 tablespoon of lemon juice1 bunch of parsleySalt and pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste) Get these ingredients & more
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, place some olive oil and fry the chicken.
- When golden on all sides, remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, place the onion cut into julienne and let it brown slightly.
- Place the onion and chicken on a casserole dish.
- In a mortar, crush the garlic with the parsley, place in a bowl and add the broth, the white wine, the dried herbs, the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the chicken with this sauce and place it in a preheated oven at 190ºC or 370ºF for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the potatoes into slices, fry in plenty of oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Just before the chicken is roasted, add the potatoes.
TIP: Drizzle the chicken with the sauce several times using a spoon, while it bakes and flip it).
You Might Also Like These