Portuguese Chicken Fricasse Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Sep 21, 2018
3 out of 5 with 27 ratings
1 chicken cut into pieces3 tablespoons of olive oil1 chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, minced1 bay leaf, cut in half3/4 cup of white wine2 cups of chicken brothChopped parsley (to taste)Juice of 1 lemon1 tablespoon of flour2 egg yolksSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- Stir and let it heat well.
- As soon as the onion begins to glaze, add the chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the meat is cooked, without browning.
- Turn the meat over and let it brown evenly.
- When the chicken is golden brown, add the white wine and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- With a spoon, mix the flour with the yolks.
- Gradually add the lemon juice.
- After 40 minutes, lower the heat and add the parsley.
- Finally, add the flour dissolved in the egg yolks and stir quickly.
- As soon as it thickens and before it begins to boil, turn off the heat.