|Preparation time||2 h 15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||2 h 40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Portuguese fried pork chops, also known as "costeletas de porco fritas" in Portuguese, are a traditional dish from Portugal that consists of pork chops that are marinated and then fried until crispy and golden brown.
To make Portuguese fried pork chops, you will need to marinate the pork chops. After marinating, the pork chops are then fried in hot oil until crispy and golden brown.
This dish is often served with traditional Portuguese sides like sautéed potatoes and a salad or vegetables. It's a hearty and delicious meal that is popular throughout Portugal and is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion.
- In a bowl, season the pork chops with the salt, pepper and hot sauce (to taste).
- Chop up the garlic and bay leaf and add to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to the seasoning and mix all the contents together, cover it, and let marinate for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the pork chops to the pan and let them brown to a golden color and remove them.
- Now add the remainding marinade sauce from the bowl to the frying pan with the olive oil, the water and let it continue cooking until well done.
NOTE: The sauce from the pan goes great when served with some rice or fried potatoes.