Tosta mista is a signature Portuguese ham and cheese melt that makes a great quick meal for any time of the day. You can use Portuguese rolls or papo-secos (buns).
2 Portuguese style bread rolls or buns1 tablespoon of butter4 pieces of sliced cheese4 slices of ham1 teaspoon of chopped oregano1 egg, beatenSalt and pepper to (taste)* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cut the rolls or buns in halves and spread the butter on both inside parts of the bread.
- Fill them with the ham, cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now brush the tops of the rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle it with the oregano.
- On a baking sheet, place the sandwiches in the oven at 180C or 350F.
- Let then cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown or the cheese is melts.
- Remove them from the oven and serve while hot.
There are no comments for this recipe.