Tosta mista is a signature Portuguese ham and cheese melt that makes a great quick meal for any time of the day. You can use Portuguese rolls or papo-secos (buns).
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 Portuguese style bread rolls or buns1 tablespoon of butter4 pieces of sliced cheese4 slices of ham1 teaspoon of chopped oregano1 egg, beatenSalt and pepper to (taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the rolls or buns in halves and spread the butter on both inside parts of the bread.
- Fill them with the ham, cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now brush the tops of the rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle it with the oregano.
- On a baking sheet, place the sandwiches in the oven at 180C or 350F.
- Let then cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown or the cheese is melts.
- Remove them from the oven and serve while hot.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Cozido (boiled meal) cooked by the steam of the volcano in Furnas, Azores, Portugal.
Do you want to increase your abilities to cook meals? You can make arrangements for your class while on vacation. Cooking lessons are available for holidaymakers to take advantage of. This course will teach you how...
How to make a Portuguese prego sandwich (garlic steak sandwich) with Michael Santos on this video.