Portuguese Tosta Mista (Ham & Cheese Melt) Recipe
Posted in: Sandwiches / Wraps
Sep 30, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
2 Portuguese style bread rolls or buns1 tablespoon of butter4 pieces of sliced cheese4 slices of ham1 teaspoon of chopped oregano1 egg, beatenSalt and pepper to (taste) Get these ingredients & more
- Cut the rolls or buns in halves and spread the butter on both inside parts of the bread.
- Fill them with the ham, cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now brush the tops of the rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle it with the oregano.
- On a baking sheet, place the sandwiches in the oven at 180C or 350F.
- Let then cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown or the cheese is melts.
- Remove them from the oven and serve while hot.