Serve these amazing Portuguese chicken dreams (sonhos de frango) with white rice and a tomato salad.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of chicken breast (or the same weight in leftover chicken)2 or 3 medium potatoes1 French leek1 medium onion4 cloves of garlic2 eggs3 tablespoons of breadcrumbsParsley (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste)Frying oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Begin by cooking the chicken breasts and the potatoes in water seasoned with salt and a strand of olive oil.
- Remove from the water once it's cooked and drain well.
- Shred the chicken, mash the potatoes with the help of a fork, put everything in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop the onion, garlic, leek and parsley and add to the chicken and potatoes mixture.
- Add the eggs, the breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything very well with the help of a spoon.
- Form small balls with your hands and set aside.
- Heat a deep fryer with at least 2 or 3 fingers of oil.
- When the oil is hot, fry the chicken balls until they are golden brown.
- Remove and place on absorbent paper and repeat until all are done.
- Serve with white rice and a tomato salad.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Michael Santos shows you step by step how to make Portuguese seafood rice (arroz de marisco).
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make Portuguese bean and pork stew (Feijoada à Transmontana), and it includes te written recipe.
This video shows you some great golden sand beaches in Portimão, Algarve.
It only takes 30 minutes to make these 3 ingredient coconut cupcakes which are a treat for anytime of the day, enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
At Lisbon Zoo, we invite you to travel around the world without leaving Lisbon while contributing to a major global project of conservation of endangered species and their habitats.
A couple who have travelled all over the world, decided to settle in Portugal. They purchased a farm, renovated it and now are moving in.