Portuguese Style Apple Pie Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Oct 11, 2018
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
Dough:1 egg3/4 cup of sugar2 cups of flour1/2 cup of melted and cooled butterVanilla extract (to taste)Filling:Golden apples 5 or 6 or to taste2 cinnamon sticks1 pinch of cinnamon powder
Get food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Peel the apples, remove the seeds, cut them into small pieces and cook them with the cinnamon sticks and cinnamon powder.
- Once cooked, mash them and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough.
- Once done, line a greased pie form with the dough and place the filling on top.
- Peel a couple of apples, cut them into slices and arrange them on top.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.