This Portuguese style chouriço and egg burrito recipe makes a delicious breakfast burrito, enjoy.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 pound of chouriço or linguiça sausage, casings removed and crumbled1 tablespoon of olive oil1/2 cup of chopped red onion1 green chili pepper, seeded and diced2 eggs1 flour tortilla1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheeseSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Cook and stir the chouriço over medium heat until well browned and crumbled.
- Add the onion, chili pepper, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking until the onion is slightly browned and set this mixture aside in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the pan, cook them on medium to low heat.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the eggs are scrambled and no longer runny and set aside in another bowl.
- Place the flour tortilla in the pan on low heat and let it sit until slightly browned on both sides.
- Once done, place the tortilla on a plate and spread half the cheddar cheese on top.
- Now spoon the chouriço mixture into the middle of the tortilla and top with the egg mixture, topping with the rest with cheese.
- Roll it up like a burrito and serve while hot.
5 months ago, Thursday, April 6, 2023