Serve this delicious Portuguese bacalhau com natas recipe (cod with cream) topped with grated cheese and with a side of salad.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 large cod fillets2 tablespoons of flour1 and 1/2 liters of milk1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream2 large onionsOlive oil (to taste)Grated cheese (to taste)Potatoes (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by cooking the cod in the milk.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes (not to big nor to small) and fry them.
- Once the cod is cooked, remove the cod from the milk, place the milk aside, remove the skin and bones from the cod and shred it using your hands.
- In a large pot, put the olive oil and onions cut into slices and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the shredded cod and stir.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly and add the cooking milk (enough to cover the cod) stir some more and remove from the heat.
- Add the fried potatoes to this mix, also add half of the cream, some grated cheese (to taste) and mix everything well.
- Add the mix to a pirex dish greased with butter, pour the rest of the cream over the top, stir with a fork and sprinkle grated cheese (to taste) on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a salad.
Absolutely as I remember these as a child growing up in South Africa close to a Portugues community. Can you recommend a simplie recipe book with Poertugues recipes please?
7 months ago, Tuesday, April 25, 2023
You might also like:
Here is a list of the top 10 highest rated pork recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.
Tia Maria's delicious and easy Portuguese rice.