Portuguese Cod with Cream Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 29, 2018
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
3 large cod fillets2 tablespoons of flour1 and 1/2 liters of milk1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream2 large onionsOlive oil (to taste)Grated cheese (to taste)Potatoes (to taste)
- Start by cooking the cod in the milk.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes (not to big nor to small) and fry them.
- Once the cod is cooked, remove the cod from the milk, place the milk aside, remove the skin and bones from the cod and shred it using your hands.
- In a large pot, put the olive oil and onions cut into slices and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the shredded cod and stir.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly and add the cooking milk (enough to cover the cod) stir some more and remove from the heat.
- Add the fried potatoes to this mix, also add half of the cream, some grated cheese (to taste) and mix everything well.
- Add the mix to a pirex dish greased with butter, pour the rest of the cream over the top, stir with a fork and sprinkle grated cheese (to taste) on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a salad.
You Might Also Like These