Portuguese Lentil & Chickpea Soup Recipe
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, and celery.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the water, vegetable broth, lentils, chickpeas, tomatoes, paprika, and teaspoon of salt into the saucepan and stir it well.
- Let it simmer for about half an hour on medium low heat while covered, until the lentils are soft and tender and keep stirring occasionally.
- Once done, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
You Might Also Like These