Portuguese Lentil & Chickpea Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Nov 2, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 onion, chopped2 celery stalks, chopped1 cup of brown or green lentils, rinsed1 cup of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed1/2 cup of tomatoes, chopped1/4 cup of olive oil2 garlic cloves, minced1 teaspoon of salt1 teaspoon of paprika1 cup of vegetable broth2 cups of waterSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get these ingredients & more
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, and celery.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the water, vegetable broth, lentils, chickpeas, tomatoes, paprika, and teaspoon of salt into the saucepan and stir it well.
- Let it simmer for about half an hour on medium low heat while covered, until the lentils are soft and tender and keep stirring occasionally.
- Once done, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and serve.