This Portuguese creamy mussel soup (sopa de mexilhão cremosa) is delicious and full of flavor, it is ideal for special occasions.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of mussels3 tablespoons of olive oil1 small chopped onion1 bay leafHalf red pepper cut into cubes2 cloves of garlic, minced1/3 cup of flour1 teaspoon of powdered saffron1 teaspoon of tabasco1 cup of light creamCoriander (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a saucepan, place the mussels washed.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, until the shells open.
- After the mussels are opened, remove from the heat and let them cool slightly.
- Remove the mussels from the shells and put aside.
- Strain the broth into a thin net and put it aside.
- In a pan, add some olive oil, the onion, garlic, bay leaf and red pepper.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until everything is well cooked.
- After everything is sautéed, remove the bay leaf, add the flour and mix very well.
- Gradually stir in the broth from cooking the mussels, so you have about 3 cups of liquid (add some water if needed).
- Add the saffron and the tabasco sauce and stir until it starts to boil.
- When it starts to boil, add the cream and the mussels.
- Stir and let it heat well without boiling.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch this video to learn how to make Portuguese fried fava beans step by step with Nancy.
How to make banana bread with a Madeira wine glaze, banana bread is a delicious and popular baked treat that has gained immense popularity worldwide.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).
Portugal is one of the safest and expat-friendly country in Europe. If you are thinking of moving to Portugal, there are some fantastic locations to live or retire.
Join me as I show you how to effortlessly make Portuguese bread rolls. You will never go for the store bought ever again. :-)
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese cod recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.