Portuguese Creamy Mussel Soup Recipe
- In a saucepan, place the mussels washed.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, until the shells open.
- After the mussels are opened, remove from the heat and let them cool slightly.
- Remove the mussels from the shells and put aside.
- Strain the broth into a thin net and put it aside.
- In a pan, add some olive oil, the onion, garlic, bay leaf and red pepper.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until everything is well cooked.
- After everything is sautéed, remove the bay leaf, add the flour and mix very well.
- Gradually stir in the broth from cooking the mussels, so you have about 3 cups of liquid (add some water if needed).
- Add the saffron and the tabasco sauce and stir until it starts to boil.
- When it starts to boil, add the cream and the mussels.
- Stir and let it heat well without boiling.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
You Might Also Like These