Portuguese Walnut & Coffee Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Nov 18, 2018
4 out of 5 with 10 ratings
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar6 eggs3/4 cup of melted butter2 cups of crushed walnuts1 and 1/4 cups of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder1 and 1/2 teaspoons of instant coffeeButter and flour to grease and sprinkle cake panFilling / Icing:1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream2/4 cup of brown sugar1 and 1/2 teaspoons of instant coffeeGarnish:Walnuts (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a cake pan with butter and sprinkle it with flour.
- In a bowl, beat the butter well with the sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one by one and continue beating.
- Add the flour mixed with the baking powder and coffee and stir again.
- Finally add the ground walnut and re-mix everything until it is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until cooked (test the toothpick).
- Once baked, remove from the oven, allow it to cool slightly, unmold and let it cool completely.
- Cut the cake in half so you get two slices and put aside.
Filling / Icing:
- Heat a pan with the sugar, coffee and cream stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
- Add a layer of the cream on top of the bottom half of the cake, place the top half of the cake on top and spread the rest of the cream on it.
- Garnish with the walnuts and serve.
You Might Also Like These