Portuguese Flan with Maria Biscuits Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Nov 24, 2018
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 and 3/4 cups of milk3 tablespoons of condensed milk4 eggs1/2 cup of sugar3 tablespoons of crushed maria biscuits1 tablespoon of vanilla extractLiquid caramel (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients & more This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Fill a baking pan half way with water and place it in the oven.
- Next, pour the caramel in the pudding pan and move it around a little so that it covers the sides of the pan.
- In a bowl, place the eggs and beat lightly, without making too much foam, add the sugar and mix until blended well with the eggs.
- Add the milk and the condensed milk and mix.
- Finally add the crushed maria biscuits and vanilla, beat until everything is well mixed and pour into the pan.
- Place the pudding pan inside the baking pan with water in the oven and bake in a water bath for about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, test the toothpick, if it comes out slightly moistened, it is ready.
- Let it cool and refrigerate for about 5 to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix a little nutela (warm it up just a little in the microwave to mix better) with some chopped maria biscuits.
- Spread a layer on the surface of the pudding and place it back in the refrigerator.
- Unmold when serving.
Note: The original recipe asks to make individual sized puddings, this recipe above is for one regular sized pudding.