Portuguese Style Shrimp Lasagna Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Pasta & Pizza
Nov 25, 2018
4 out of 5 with 15 ratings
1 lb of clean shrimpJuice of 1 lemon4 tablespoons of olive oil2 medium chopped onions3 cloves of garlic, crushed3 teaspoons of tomato sauce4 tomatoes skinless and without seeds, chopped2 cubes of shrimp or seafood broth1/2 cup of hot water½ teaspoon of chopped parsley1 lb of lasagna pasta4 cups of thick grated mozzarella cheese1 cup of grated parmesan cheeseSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Sauce2 tablespoons of butter1 tablespoon of flour2 cups of milk1 teaspoon of nutmegSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
- Season the shrimp with lemon juice and salt and put aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, sauté the onion and garlic, add the tomato sauce, the tomatoes, the shrimp broth dissolved in the water and let it cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Finally, add the seasoned shrimp, parsley, salt and black pepper to taste, mix and leave for another 5 minutes and than put aside.
- For the sauce, in another pan, heat the butter and the flour, pour the milk all at once and stir constantly to keep it from sticking until it thickens.
- Season the sauce with the nutmeg, salt and the pepper (to taste) and set aside.
- In a oven friendly casserole dish, place a layer of white sauce, one of pasta, one of shrimp with sauce, one of mozzarella cheese, repeat the process and end it with a layer of white sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and bake in preheated oven at 200°C or 400°F for about 20 minutes.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These